Through connections between cutting-edge researchers and working professionals, and by learning to understand the neuroscience that underpins effective programs, the UO Online Master’s of Psychology program will equip you to select, deliver, and evaluate evidence-based programs and increase their real-world impact on public health.
This program does not provide clinical training (practica or skills development), nor does it provide a path to licensure.
- Fully online, part-time (9 credits) asynchronous courses that run continuously for 6 terms, including summer. This program was designed with working professionals in mind. Courses are not delivered live, so you can interact with the instructor and content when it is convenient for you.
- The Capstone research project, which you will work toward during all 6 quarters of the program, is highly individualized. This means you get to tailor the work that you’re doing throughout the program directly to your interests and career needs.
- No GRE required for admission!
Who is this program for?
- This program is a best fit for students with a Bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field, who can use the UO Online Master’s in Psychology (OMP) program to advance their education and career opportunities.
- Applicants should have:
- Some level of familiarity with psychological research (broadly defined)
- A current connection as an employee or volunteer to a community-based organization (CBO) that provides social or mental health services. Students that do not already have this connection to a CBO must demonstrate that they will be able to forge that relationship on their own.
- Clear research interests and goals that they plan to pursue during their time in the program.
- A commitment to and/or experience related to diversity, equity, and social justice.
Whether you are interested in social services, community mental health, education or healthcare, this program will equip you with the skills and expertise for the next step in your professional or academic career.
Check out other Frequently Asked Questions about the OMP program.
More Questions? The best way to contact us is by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out the form below. Direct emails will be responded to in 2 business days. Form submissions may take longer to receive a response.
We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2021. Applications for Fall 2022 will open in Spring, 2022.